How do you synchronize your notmuch tags across multiple machines?

Brian Sniffen bts at evenmere.org
Thu Jan 3 14:48:42 PST 2019

I had the same problem. I found a solution: dispense with imap. This can be in two ways:

For work, I use getmail (and imap) to read messages from an Exchange server and drop them in a maildir. Muchsync then coordinates those.

For personal mail, I just use muchsync to directly manipulate Dovecot’s maildir.

Both work fine. In the “work” case, changes are not pushed back up to the server.

--
Brian Sniffen