How do you synchronize your notmuch tags across multiple machines?

Dan Čermák dan.cermak at posteo.net
Thu Jan 3 14:27:46 PST 2019

I have just given muchsync a try and it synchronizes email and tags very
quickly. I am quite impressed by it!

Unfortunately, I have hit exactly the same problem that you describe: I
have to have a single machine that pulls in my email via offlineimap and
then sync to the others via muchsync. That is a little inconvenient, as
I was hoping that I could switch the "master" depending on which machine
I am currently using and not having it up and online at all times.

I am afraid that that's not going to be easy to accomplish, as it
requires muchsync and a maildir synchronization program (in my case
offlineimap) to play together. The problem with offlineimap seems to be
that it expects the maildir filenames to have a different form and does
not recognize those that muchsync created (and it instead tries to clone
all my inboxes again). In case I'll manage to get muchsync to work
without a dedicated master, I'll let the list know.

Cheers,

Dan