bounce/forward not working due to CR at line end

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Nov 15 04:43:45 PST 2017

Kai Harries <kai.harries at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to notmuch so excuse if the fault is on my end. For me
> resending and forwarding of emails are not working if
> message-forward-show-mml is enabled. The problems are CR at the line
> endings. With the attached two patches I got it working for me. Maybe
> someone more knowledgeable can see from it what the right solution would
> be.

During off-list discussion, Kai mentioned id:87a7zsm5ol.fsf at gmail.com as
a message that he cannot bounce (and also not forward?). For me this
forwards fine, but does not bounce because it has a corrupted Cc header,
and my MTA rejects it.  That doesn't sound related to the original
problem report (nothing about line endings).

I guess we still need a good test case [1], but my best guess is that
something about Kai's settings. Kai, if you have the source unpacked
(even if not built), try

      $ ./devel/try-emacs-mua -Q

and see if the problem is duplicated there.

[1]: I tried both the copy of that message I already have and the copy
     Kai sent me, after changing it's message-id