maildir and nmh/mh

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Thu Jul 6 11:47:14 PDT 2017

Lauren Weinstein <lauren at vortex.com> writes:

> After fixing the find syntax I got mh2maildir working. However, it does not
> appear practical in my situation, since I'm dealing with more than 25 years of archived
> mh messages! The conversion would take ages with too many manual exceptions.
> So unless there's some way to correctly index these natively with notmuch, I guess
> this is a dead end. But thanks.

For what it's worth, I suspect the problem is not with notmuch proper
but with the notmuch-mutt script.  Unfortunatately zack (in copy) is
really the only one who knows very much about the script.  If you could
make a small tar ball of an MH directory that causes problems for
notmuch-mutt, zack could probably be tricked into looking at it.