Understanding the "replied" tag

Austin Clements aclements at csail.mit.edu
Sat Jun 13 16:12:43 PDT 2015

Hi Xu. I may be misunderstanding your email, but it sounds like you want to know if a message has *any* reply message. That's not what the replied tag indicates. The replied tag indicates that *you* have sent a reply to a message. Mechanically, when you hit, say, r to start a reply and then send that message, notmuch tags the message you hit r on as "replied". That's the only time notmuch automatically sets this tag.