Understanding the "replied" tag

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:04:15 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 01:25:44PM -0400, Xu Wang wrote:

> I would really like to know if a message has been replied to (e.g.
> using a certain message id). It seems that all I need to do is check
> for the "replied" tag. But often this tag is not there, even when
> there has been a reply (I have confirmed this through the thread
> display and checking the message that replied to the message to make
> sure it indeed has header "replied-to:<MSG-ID>").

You do not give enough details, but I would guess you are probably
reading and replying emails from real maildirs in mutt-kz.  The
synchronising of notmuch tags and maildir flags happen correctly only
when you read and reply from virtual folders.  Of course they are
synchronised again when `notmuch new' is run the next time.  But until
such time, the tags and flags will not be in sync, if you are using real
folders instead of virtual folders.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu