gmail label support patch available for oflineimap

Michal Nazarewicz mina86 at mina86.com
Tue Nov 27 09:00:16 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27 2012, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> So from your point of view - what would be the best / most consistent
> approach with gmail? Sync All Mail folder (and Inbox) with offlineimap
> and sync the label information via notmuch? Would definitely seem to
> make sense, as it deals with labels on the gmail side which is nothing
> different to tags in notmuch.

So why do we need the offlineimap step here? In the scenario you've
described, notmuch needs to speak IMAP, than why can't it just download
the mail all together.

> But I definitely share your concerns about modifying the emails itself.

Big deal.  Email headers are modified all the time by various pieces of
software.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o