[BUG/PATCH v2] emacs: Fix the References header in reply

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Thu Mar 29 10:37:01 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29 2012, Adam Wolfe Gordon <awg+notmuch at xvx.ca> wrote:
> That's actually fixed by the new version [1]. As Austin mentioned in
> his review, the order of message-header-format-alist determines the
> order of the headers.
>
> [1] id:"1333038410-17927-3-git-send-email-awg+notmuch at xvx.ca"

Awesome!  Thanks so much Adam!  I just tested it and it works great:
solves the issue and the headers are in a nice order.  Thanks again for
the quick fix.

I see one tiny whitespace error, but overall the rest of the patches
looks great, so I say it's not worth resubmitting.  LGTM.

>> Given the various things that are being affected by this, it would
>> probably be good to add a test for this as well.
>
> Yeah, I think a test would be good. This isn't caught by the existing
> emacs reply tests because the References and User-Agent headers are
> hidden by default. Is there a function in emacs to tell message-mode
> to show all the headers, so we can verify that they're correct?

There must be, since I am seeing the In-Reply-To and References headers,
but I can't find what customization variable it is at the moment.  It
looks like I am using message-required-headers:

(message-required-headers ((optional . References) From)

But looking through the plethora of message-mode options, I think there
is probably multiple ways to set this.

jamie.