[BUG/PATCH v2] emacs: Fix the References header in reply

Adam Wolfe Gordon awg+notmuch at xvx.ca
Thu Mar 29 10:18:54 PDT 2012

Hi Jamie,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:14, Jameson Graef Rollins
<jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> I just tested this patch and it does seem to fix the issue.  However, a
> side effect seems to be that the References header is now appearing as
> the first header in the reply buffer, rather than the last, as it used
> to.  I suppose this is merely aesthetic, but I did prefer the ordering
> as it was before.  Is there a way to tweak the
> message-header-format-alist so that the References header appears last
> again?

That's actually fixed by the new version [1]. As Austin mentioned in
his review, the order of message-header-format-alist determines the
order of the headers.

[1] id:"1333038410-17927-3-git-send-email-awg+notmuch at xvx.ca"

> Given the various things that are being affected by this, it would
> probably be good to add a test for this as well.

Yeah, I think a test would be good. This isn't caught by the existing
emacs reply tests because the References and User-Agent headers are
hidden by default. Is there a function in emacs to tell message-mode
to show all the headers, so we can verify that they're correct?

--
Adam