notmuchsync: handling of the deleted tag

Thu Nov 11 23:30:36 PST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:27:34 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> So, what we probably need here is for the user to be able to configure
> the mapping and in a fairly sophisticated way:
>
> 	'R' on _any_ filename  -> "replied" tag gets added
> 	'T' on _all_ filenames -> "deleted" tag gets added
> 	'S' on _any_ filename  -> "unread" tag gets removed
> So maybe something like that?

Maybe, but that sounds like a horribly complex configuration, in which
the user has to really think through what he wants (and can still make
blunders). :)

> > > If notmuch gave me at least all filenames that are associated with a
> > > mail id, I could introduce a command line option "--prune --safe"
> > > which would

Right, you pushed the ball in my court. The only problem is that -- with
the arrival of maildir sync -- I lost my motivation to work on
notmuchsync. Seriously, what does notmuchsync still provide that notmuch
cannot do? I wonder if I shouldn't stick a "deprecated" warning on it.

Sebastian