notmuch emacs interface

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 27 08:38:37 PDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:07:18 +0200, Paul R <paul.r.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> following the activity on this list, I've seen a recent effort toward
> improving the behaviour of the Emacs frontend to notmuch, which is
> a really nice thing.

Thanks so much.

> I also read the main emacs development mailing list, as well as the Gnus
> ML, and I haven't seen any mention of NotMuch there, or maybe just once
> on the later.

Right. Someone at one point did at least float the idea of notmuch to
users of "org mode". I'm not sure exactly which list that was on.

> I'm pretty sure most emacs hackers want notmuch thought, because it
> brings a fresh, clean, responsive, reliable and efficient way of dealing
> with mails from emacs. In my experience, there is no prior art in this
> area (unfortunately). You could probably easily attract a handful of
> core emacs developers to notmuch, therefore benefit from their amazing
> emacs-fu to improve the frontend.
>
> Do you have a plan for that ? I think announcing it on emacs devel
> mailing list would be ok, even if it is slightly off topic.

I didn't have any specific plans. I think things like this are generally
great if done by people already reading those lists. Would you like to
send a note including something very much like the paragraph above along
with "Hey, I thought some poeple here might be interested in the recent
development of notmuch. ... See the notmuch at notmuchmail.org list for
more."?

Thanks for the idea,

-Carl