notmuch emacs interface

Paul R paul.r.ml at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:07:18 PDT 2010

Hello,

following the activity on this list, I've seen a recent effort toward
improving the behaviour of the Emacs frontend to notmuch, which is
a really nice thing.

I also read the main emacs development mailing list, as well as the Gnus
ML, and I haven't seen any mention of NotMuch there, or maybe just once
on the later.

I'm pretty sure most emacs hackers want notmuch thought, because it
brings a fresh, clean, responsive, reliable and efficient way of dealing
with mails from emacs. In my experience, there is no prior art in this
area (unfortunately). You could probably easily attract a handful of
core emacs developers to notmuch, therefore benefit from their amazing
emacs-fu to improve the frontend.

Do you have a plan for that ? I think announcing it on emacs devel
mailing list would be ok, even if it is slightly off topic.

--
  Paul