sort order regression

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 22 07:14:16 PDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:06:27 +0200, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:

> jkr and I noticed that patch series are shown in reverse order now, in
> fact threads seem to display messages at the same depth in reverse
> chronological order now.

Just to follow up on this, it seems that the regression comes from the
fix Carl introduced in 2a1a4f0551 to make his simplification of my patch
(simplification = 36e4459a3 , my patch = 4971b85641) pass tests. The
question is whether my original, more complicated version would have
passed the tests without the regressing fix. I do know that it showed
the search order as expected.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite skilled enough at git to turn back some
files to a certain state, tests to another state, and so on.

Best,
Jesse