sort order regression

Thu Apr 22 07:06:27 PDT 2010

jkr and I noticed that patch series are shown in reverse order now, in
fact threads seem to display messages at the same depth in reverse
chronological order now.

Here is my monologue from IRC:

Is that supposed to show the whole thread in reverse chronological order?:
notmuch show --entire-thread id:"1271927251-19867-3-git-send-email-Sebastian at SSpaeth.de"

doh, http://git.notmuchmail.org/git/notmuch/commitdiff/f43990ce134d838cdb2cdd5d0752a602e81cfdd9
sort order for within threads used to be SORT_OLDEST_FIRST
with that commit it was changed to be inherited from whatever it was (and by default notmuch does NEWEST_FIRST)
so that would cause the change IMHO.
someone does not seem to have run a test suite there :

query.cc sets to NEWEST-FIRST by default. So now we get messages at each depth NEWEST-FIRST. So the code is working as expected.
the problem is imho, that we previously had NEWEST_FIRST for top-level and an explicit OLDEST_FIRST within threads
< jkr> spaetz: yep.
and that explicit OLDEST_FIRST got removed