Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)

Dirk Hohndel hohndel at infradead.org
Thu Apr 8 07:54:07 PDT 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:13:20 +0100, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:12:44 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> >   * The big batch of emacs-client improvements from David E.'s
> >     repository. David, do you have particular things to recommend here?
>
> It's necessary for me to merge with your latest batch of changes. That
> won't happen until next week, when I can set aside a few hours. (The
> merge is somewhat painful, as I have modified versions of some of the
> recently applied patches in my tree.)

I hope that this will be a less frequent thing to happen as Carl is
quicker in picking up patches. I'm very eager to see the emacs client
improvements, though.

> I worry about committing the JSON based Emacs UI and then immediately
> producing a release - it would be useful to have more people test it
> from git HEAD before dropping it on an unsuspecting public.

Not sure how much of an "unsuspecting public" we have at this
point... but in general this is of course valid. The question is "what
are releases". Or what does it mean to "release 0.2". I don't think we
have the notion of a stable branch and a development cycle,
yet. Everything is development (correct me if I'm wrong, Carl)

/D

--
Dirk Hohndel
Intel Open Source Technology Center