[notmuch] loss of duplicate messages

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Feb 24 13:10:12 PST 2010

Hi, folks.  I'm continuing to find it problematic that duplicate
messages are only appearing to be indexed once.  I'm wondering what are
the possbile solutions to this issue, if any.

For instance, I sent a message that was bcc'd to a long list of people,
including myself.  All of my sent mail is fcc'd to a local directory.
The index of my original sent message was almost immediately trumped by
the index of the message I then recieved back through the mail.  Since
the recieved message trumped the fcc'd message, I had a difficult time
finding the bcc list, since I had to go outside of notmuch.

Is there no way to make it possible to have notmuch returns all copies
of messages matching searches?  I don't think this happens frequently,
so I don't think it would get in the way, but it's certainly useful for
me to have it.

jamie.