[notmuch] loss of duplicate messages

micah anderson micah at riseup.net
Fri Feb 5 13:26:36 PST 2010

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:47:03 -0500, Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:39:22 -0500, micah anderson <micah at riseup.net> wrote:
> > Welcome to how gmail does it.
>
> Why welcome me to "how gmail does it"?!  I never wanted to go there!

Because the perception of the internet by the third larges mail provider
on the internet, with over 146 million users[0] is not a trivial number
that can be ignored.

Maybe I should have said, "welcome to the place where you do not wish to
tread, the place where 1/3rd of the people using the internet have their
perceptions shaped. be careful, there is a lot of stuff here you do not
want to step in!"

micah

0. Arrington, Michael (2009-07-09). "Bing Comes to Hotmail". Techcrunch. http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/09/bing-comes-to-hotmail/. Retrieved 2009-07-11. "Hotmail is still by far the largest web mail provider on the Internet, with 343 million monthly users according to Comscore. Second and third are Yahoo (285 million) and Gmail (146 million)."