[notmuch] loss of duplicate messages

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Wed Sep 15 17:53:41 PDT 2010

jrollins at finestructure.net (Jameson Rollins) writes:

> I'm not exactly sure what the correct behavior is here, but I would
> actually like to see my messages sent to the list returned to me.
> It's a way of verifying that they did go to the list, as well as
> getting a feeling for the round trip time.  I personally wouldn't mind
> just seeing both copies of the message returned by notmuch, as I can
> just delete one of them if I don't want it to turn up again.  Would
> this behavior be problematic in any way?  Do folks have suggestions of
> other behaviors that might get around this problem?

I'm not sure what the current plan is, but please consider this a
belated agreement.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the default (and
perhaps shouldn't be), but I'd like to have some way to ask notmuch for
*all* matching messages (regardless of message id) -- perhaps via an
--include-duplicates argument to search/show/count, etc.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org