[notmuch] keeping a copy of sent mail locally

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sun Dec 20 10:51:05 PST 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:31:13 -0500, Jameson wrote:

> There must be a way to tell emacs message-mode to save a copy of
> outgoing mail locally. Mutt does this with it's Fcc commands (ie.
> "file carbon copy"). I think we should look for a solution like this.

Gnus uses Gcc for this (see gnus-message-archive-group and
gnus-message-archive-method); I think message.el also supports Fcc; eg.
see message-fcc-handler-function:

,----[ C-h v message-fcc-handler-function RET ]
| `message-fcc-handler-function' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "message"
|
| Value: message-output
|
| Documentation:
| *A function called to save outgoing articles.
| This function will be called with the name of the file to store the
| article in.  The default function is `message-output' which saves in Unix
| mailbox format.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Are you talking to us from yesterday?"                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo at koldfront.dk