[notmuch] interesting project!

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema djcb.bulk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 04:23:10 PST 2009

Hi Carl,

    >> Anyhow, I'll study the notmuch code and see if there are some useful
    >> bits in my code that might make sense there, e.g., various dir scanning
    >> optimizations, see [2].

    Carl> That sounds great. It's also good to have people with experience in
    Carl> this area join and help out. I'll look forward to any ideas or other
    Carl> contributions you will have.

Thanks for the nice words!

A small question: it seems that notmuch is avoiding the use of GLib directly
(of course, it depend on it anyway through GMime); is this because of
OOM-handling? It'd be nice if GLib could be used, it would make some things
quite a bit easier.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb at djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl