crypto test failures on Fedora and OpenSUSE

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun Jun 28 04:33:42 PDT 2020

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> I poked at this a bit more in gdb. I don't really know the code well,
> but it seems like whatever is happening is happening inside gmime. On
> the other hand both Fedora32 and my current Debian testing are running
> libgmime 3.2.7 and gpgme 1.13

I dug a bit further down, and this is what is returned from gpgme
(line 345 in g_mime_gpgme_get_signatures)

sig = {next = 0x0,
    summary = GPGME_SIGSUM_KEY_MISSING,
    fpr = 0x4ac480 "5AEAB11F5E33DCE875DDB75B6D92612D94E46381", status = 9,
    notations = 0x0, timestamp = 1559167762, exp_timestamp = 0, wrong_key_usage = 0,
    pka_trust = 0, chain_model = 0, is_de_vs = 0, _unused = 0,
    validity = GPGME_VALIDITY_UNKNOWN, validity_reason = 0,
    pubkey_algo = GPGME_PK_RSA, hash_algo = GPGME_MD_SHA256, pka_address = 0x0,
    key = 0x0}

At this point I'm leaning towards declaring it a gpgme problem in
fedora32, and suggesting that relevant distros mark the test broken. I
am of course open to more informed opinions.