feature request: parameters for reply templates

Jörg Volbers joerg at joergvolbers.de
Tue May 12 11:08:35 PDT 2020

> My gut reaction is that doing more formatting in notmuch reply
> is probably a mistake; it's hard enough to get two users to
> agree on these kind of customizations, never mind two different
> MUAs. Probably what we need to do is make sure the structured
> (json/s-expr) output has enough information for clients to do
> what they need/want to do.

I agree, but why not add some switches which allow to turn some
aspects of the reply output on or off? I am thinking here in
particular of the parts which are not plain text. Since not every
mail has an attachment, it makes perfect sense to let the user
decide whether a reply includes a text reference to the
attachment. A simple on-off-switch would be enough.

JV

--
http://www.joergvolbers.de
https://fu-berlin.academia.edu/joergvolbers