feature request: parameters for reply templates

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue May 12 04:01:05 PDT 2020

Emmanuel Beffara <manu at beffara.org> writes:

> I use `notmuch reply` with the default format indirectly, because I use
> bower an it delegates the task of preparing replies to this command. I
> feel it would make sense to define new settings to handle all this, but
> maybe there are good reasons not to?

My gut reaction is that doing more formatting in notmuch reply is
probably a mistake; it's hard enough to get two users to agree on these
kind of customizations, never mind two different MUAs. Probably what we
need to do is make sure the structured (json/s-expr) output has enough
information for clients to do what they need/want to do.