Best practices for notmuch and neomutt

moonmaillist at firemail.cc moonmaillist at firemail.cc
Tue Mar 3 03:13:47 PST 2020

I really want to know best practices or nice virtual-mailboxes, which
aren't included in normal tutorials. Most tutorial just have 1 email
address and only use tags like inbox, archive, deleted and spam. But
there must be much better use cases and much more detailed notmuch
queries or even hooks which are triggered to specific events.

For me a really good practice is to have all unread messages of all
mailboxes in one view, like this:

virtual-mailboxes "Unread" "notmuch://?query=tag:unread"

So if I have not much time, I just go through all those new messages and
tag them for deletion or archive.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and best practices :)