Indentation style

Thomas Schneider qsx at chaotikum.eu
Sun Jul 28 15:19:48 PDT 2019

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> We're using more or less the default for Emacs (you can see the details
> in .dir-locals.el).

Maybe I misunderstood, but this doesn’t really look like Emacs’ defaults
for C.

> I'm a bit dubious that we want to re-whitespace everything, but I'd
> certainly be receptive to matching configuration for other
> editors. Does anyone know if vim indentation can be configured per
> project / directory?

Yes, if you let Vim parse a per-directory .vimrc (similar to forbidding
Emacs to parse .dir-locals.el).

While we’re at it, how about a generic .editorconfig?  The world isn’t
split into good people and dea… uh, Emacs and Vim.

	--qsx