notmuch ignoring alot of emails

Alvaro Herrera alvherre at alvh.no-ip.org
Fri Jun 28 13:11:21 PDT 2019

On 2019-Jun-28, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I think a real solution is to parse the message header, look for the
> Content-Length, and determine mbox-ness by looking for "From" only past
> that many bytes; that seems to match what other mail parsing tools do.

Sorry, I misspoke: there's no such thing as Content-Length.
It's Content-Type/boundary that needs to be watched for.  Only consider
that the file is an mbox if a "^From " line appears after the boundary
end marker (which seems to be defined as "the boundary string followed
by two dashes --").

Here's a sample message, BTW:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/raw/3ad5ba71-d200-96da-f903-7e3b16416140@lab.ntt.co.jp
(username "archives", password "antispam").

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile