Protected Headers (2nd major revision, more testing!)

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon May 27 15:49:30 PDT 2019

On Sun 2019-05-26 18:15:53 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> this series delivers a concrete improvement: users of notmuch can now
> read, index, and search for the subject lines of encrypted messages
> sent from MUAs like Enigmail and K-9 mail.

Many thanks to jrollins and bremner for their reviews of this series.

Apologies for my clumsy handling of the revisions for those changes, but
i believe that the latest versions of these patches in this thread are
now ready for merging.  I've tagged the obsoleted versions appropriately
with nmbug, so after "nmbug pull", this query should identify 17
messages with patches for this sequence (choose XXXXX for however your
own installation identifies this series):

    tag:notmuch::patch and not tag:notmuch::obsolete and thread:XXXXXX

i've left v4 of 06/17 and 10/17 tagged notmuch::needs-review because
they represent changes under discussion and i don't want to claim that
my resolution to the discussion matches Bremner's.

This series is also applied on the "protected-headers" branch at
https://gitlab.com/dkg/notmuch.git if anyone wants to compare what
they've merged from the mailing list with how i've interpreted it.

Please let me know if you have any other reviews.

all the best,

   --dkg