how do i split my email view (AKA I got a new job)

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at orangeseeds.org
Sun Mar 10 12:58:58 PDT 2019

On 2019-03-10 17:54:54, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> * Antoine Beaupré:
>
>> How can I make that "All tags" junk disappear?
>
> If it bugs you that much, you can use the "this page" link in "Customize
> Notmuch or this page".

Ooooh... I remember now! I digged in the source last time we chatted
about this in #notmuch. I did so again and found what I was looking for:

(setq notmuch-hello-tag-list-make-query "tag:unread and not tag:work")

Now I need to figure out how to make schedules in Emacs... :) It looks
like I need to do something with `run-at-time' or something to that
effect:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Timers.html#Timers

I also found out about the "midnight" mode, but that seems to support
only a single time trigger:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MidnightMode

I also found idle timers, but that seems irrelevant:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/IdleTimers#toc2

Anyone else played with scheduling like this?

In any case, I guess just having a defun that flips that around would be
a good start. :) I'm thinking of something like:

(defun anarcat/notmuch-work-off ()
  (interactive)
  (setq notmuch-hello-tag-list-make-query "tag:unread and not tag:work")
  (notmuch-refresh-this-buffer))

(defun anarcat/notmuch-work-on ()
  (interactive)
  (setq notmuch-hello-tag-list-make-query "tag:unread")
  (notmuch-refresh-this-buffer))

That's actually two defun - and it looks rather silly, mayb there's a
way to make that a toggle somehow?

Anyways, does that look sane?

A.

--
When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion.
                        - ethiopian proverb