[emacs] message list view

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 01:58:14 PST 2018

Dear All

I think this could be very useful -- indeed I currently have been running some scruffy patches implementing this for the last couple of months.

What I have done is modify notmuch-show.c so that you can pass a --unthreaded option and it returns each message as if it were a thread on its own. Then notmuch-tree basically "just works" with this output.

The reason I like it was I found I was sometimes missing messages when multiple messages arrived in the same thread.

I haven't tried Bremner's suggestion of just not passing entire-thread; it would give a slightly odd ordering of the messages (all matching messages by thread, and in thread order) rather than just date order.

My patches are against a rather outdated version of notmuch but I can probably update and post relatively easily if people would like to try it.

Best wishes

Mark