[emacs] message list view

Jeff Templon templon at nikhef.nl
Tue Dec 11 13:54:29 PST 2018

Hi,

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> writes:
>
>> On Tuesday, 2018-12-11 at 11:20:55 -04, David Bremner wrote:
>>
>>> Discussion on #notmuch the other day led me to wonder how useful a
>>> "message list" view would be. Essentially this would display a single
>>> line summary for individual messages matching a query and allow
>>> e.g. tagging operations or "opening" the message to get a more complete
>>> view.

I think it'd be useful.  I'll give you an example that always bugs me:
if I look in "unread" (the standard startup screen search) and see some
new message in a long thread of which I've deleted a bunch of messages,
and I type 'd' to delete, it actually first undeletes (or to be precise,
it toggles the already-present deleted tag on) all the already-deleted
messages in the thread, then I have to hit 'd' again to delete all of
them.

If it were a message view instead of a thread view, I could just delete
the dang message ;-)

JT