Notmuch is working too well for me

Kim ALLAMANDOLA kim-nmml at kfx.fr
Fri Oct 12 06:26:21 PDT 2018

Hello list,
I'm added my big thank you to all notmuch contributors, it's actually
the best MUA/indexer I found over years and years. Thanks to nm I put
all my feeds via mail (RSS2Email) and that's a big improvement since
I can have interested posts saved as mails, indexed, tagged etc far
more than any rss client I use in the past, elfeed and Google Reader
included. I can also index news (slrnpull) despite, unfortunately,
usenet was substantially abandoned in favor of proprietary and limiting
platforms like Reddit, StackExchange etc.

My only dream for the future is a more tight Emacs config (i.e. no more
need of personal scripts/lisp to refile and delete messages physically
on local maildir) and perhaps even a GUI for dummies notmuch-powered to
encourage non techies to backup, so own, their messages with a fantastic
modern software instead of '90-style desktop MUAs.

Thanks nm developers :-)

-- Kim