v1: fix for threading of replies to ghost messages

Gregor Zattler telegraph at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 05:09:24 PDT 2018

Hi David,
* David Bremner <david at tethera.net> [2018-07-23; 16:41]:
> Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> writes:
>> I applied the patches and looked with notmuch-emacs for threads
>> which before would probably show wrong ordering of messages.  The
>> half a dozen threads were all shown in the correct order with
>> respect to parents and children, but I found from those not
>> disclosable RT ticket mails (I mentioned in above referenced
>> thread):
>
> Can you also try the series at
>
>     id:20180723082259.32440-1-david at tethera.net?
>
> I'm not sure if it's related, but it does fix replies for a different
> bug tracker. You will have to reindex the messages in question
> (e.g. using notmuch reindex).

I applied this patch set on top of the other one, copied
the relevant threads to a test-maildir, changed path in
.notmuch-config, thus building a new index: Same order of
messages in notmuch-emacs-show as with the first patch set only.

I asked for permission to disclose two small threads, have to
wait for answer, will report back

Thanks again; Gregor
--