Select a different sender (From) at reply time

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon Jan 29 02:59:57 PST 2018

On Sunday, 2018-01-28 at 19:13:18 +0100, Lele Gaifax wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to automatically force a particular sender when replying to a message
> belonging to a mailing list I'm subscribed.
>
> I'm using the GNU/Emacs MUA, and looking around I found the tip at
> https://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index3h2, but I fail to see how to
> recognize the "destination" address, in other words how to determine that "I'm
> replying to a message that belongs to /that/ ML" within the advice, to replace
> the sender only in that case.

The way that I do this is shown here:
	http://dme.org/data/notmuch/notmuch-sender.el

I always remove the initial “From” generated by notmuch and choose one
when I hit “send”. In some cases the choice is automatic, but otherwise
there is a prompt.

dme.
--
Please forgive me if I act a little strange, for I know not what I do.