newbie questions about notmuch.el

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Wed Sep 6 01:16:42 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles at free.fr> wrote:
> I'm using notmuch.el in emacs. In a notmuch search buffer, how can I:

In general, hit '?' to get a help page for the Notmuch buffer you're in.

> + set or remove the flag mark on a given message

What is the flag mark? There is no "mark" feature.

In the search buffer, you can only operate on threads, not messages.
Hit '+' or '-' to tag/untag the highlighted thread.

In the tree view (try 'z') you can also operate on messages. '+' and
'-' work there too.

> + select several messages to add, for instance, the same tag

In the search buffer, select a region of threads to tag, and hit '+' or '-'.

BR,
Jani.