sometimes it takes long to open folder

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Jun 26 15:42:28 PDT 2017

Jan Hutaƙ <jhutar at redhat.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I'm using notmuch and mutt with virtual-mailboxes. Besides it is awesome
> and very flexible, sometimes when opening some folders it takes too long
> with mutt showing progress with "Reading messages..." in the bottom. It
> takes few minutes for folder with 12k emails.

It would be useful to know if your notmuch new cronjob was running at
this time; notmuch itself doesn't really do any background processing.

The other useful thing from the notmuch point of view is if you could
duplicate the slowness with the same search on the command line; that
would eliminate mutt code as the problem.