sometimes it takes long to open folder

Jan Hutaƙ jhutar at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 02:34:24 PDT 2017

Hello,
I'm using notmuch and mutt with virtual-mailboxes. Besides it is awesome
and very flexible, sometimes when opening some folders it takes too long
with mutt showing progress with "Reading messages..." in the bottom. It
takes few minutes for folder with 12k emails.

I'm downloading new email every 10 minutes and have this in the cron:

  @daily /usr/bin/notmuch new
  @weekly /usr/bin/notmuch compact
  */10 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail >/dev/null

Usually opening these folders is very quick, but every once a few days
it takes quite long. Looks like some cache is being rebuild or
something.

Please, do you have any idea on what might be causing this? I would like
to pre-cache it via cron or something.

Thank you for any ideas. I know this is quite a lax question, but will
provide any logs or so.

Regards,
Jan

--