Q: notmuch emacs, fcc, maildir, notmuch insert and message-kill-buffer-on-exit

Vishal Belsare vishal.belsare at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:14:45 PST 2017

Mark Walters <markwalters1009 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am not sure what the full problem is (I will try and have a better
> look later), but I think the main problem is that the sending mail part
> is returning an error. The "Sending...failed to" is coming from emacs,
> and I think the  "mail for [ -oi -t > ] : send was successful; " from
> msmtp/msmptq.

Could it be that because the sent messages get queued to msmtpq, it is
picked up as an 'error'?
If it might help, I can try switching to using msmtp instead of msmtpq
and see whether the fcc notmuch insert works and the message buffer is
killed.

> The insert is done after the send, so since this returns an error the
> insert is never attempted.

If that is the case, then perhaps both (1) the insert not happening and
(2) the message buffer not being killed after the message being sent,
are probably tied to the same underlying issue.

Vishal

--

Vishal Belsare
GPG Fingerprint: 9ACC F873 D04E CF71 11DD  4598 28FD 5DF6 BCC8 CB43