wildcards with path or folder

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Dec 18 23:38:51 PST 2016

Steven Allen <steven at stebalien.com> writes:

> You're probably looking for `path:path/to/folder/**` (e.g. `path:Archive/**`).
>
> Documentation:
>
> * man 7 notmuch-search-terms
> * https://notmuchmail.org/manpages/notmuch-search-terms-7/

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your answer.  I tried the usage of path with wildcards,
but it does only recursively report messages in a real directory tree.

I'm using dovecot maildir.  So the folder hierarchy is _not_ saved as
phisical directory tree but as multiple directories inside the root
maildir directory.

So for this folder hierarchy:
- MAIN1
   - SUB1
   - SUB2
- MAIN2

I have following directories inside maildir:
.MAIN1
.MAIN1.SUB1
.MAIN1.SUB2
.MAIN2

The path:.MAIN1/** will not go down inside subfolders SUB1 and SUB2.

Is there any way to achieve this ?

thx!
--
erik colson