notmuch-search-toggle-order and notmuch-tree

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Aug 15 05:03:35 PDT 2016

"Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> I was expecting notmuch-tree to also follow the search
> order(oldest-first or not). But with latest notmuch
> even after i change the search order using notmuch-serach-toggle-order a
> tree view always list with the default search order. Is that expected ?

Maybe Mark can give a more informed comment but I would say that it's
expected from a code point of view, as the tree code does not reference
the variable notmuch-search-oldest-first. This lack of control over the
display order of threads (as opposed to within the threads) does seem
like a missing feature.