Linking a privately built -lxapian

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Aug 3 23:34:02 PDT 2016

Matt Armstrong <marmstrong at google.com> writes:

> I've got a privately built xapian 4.0 in my $HOME/opt/xapian-core-1.4.0
> dir, and its bin dir in my path.
>
> xapian-config is working like this:
>
> % xapian-config --libs
> -L/usr/local/google/home/marmstrong/opt/xapian-core-1.4.0/lib -lxapian

I don't think the notmuch configure script is very well set up for "one
package per hierarchy". That could probably improved, but a simple
workaround would be to install xapian and notmuch into the same
${foo}/{lib,bin} hierarchy, where foo=${HOME} and foo=/usr/local are
both reasonably well tested, I believe (although not by me).