Converting attachments to text or html

Bart Bunting bart.bunting at ursys.com.au
Fri Jun 17 19:14:51 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I often receive email with word or pdf attachments.

I'm blind and use emacspeak on a mac.  Whilst it is possible to save the
attachment, use unoconv or similar to convert to text or html the
process is tedious as it means leaving notmuch and executing several commands.

Is there any functionality in notmuch where I can have it preprocess
attachments of a given mime type or filename regexp or similar pass to
an external command and display the resulting text.

I'd be happy if either the entire part was replaced with the text or an
additional part added or anything at all really that made it unnecessary
to leave notmuch to view the content of the attachment.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Kind regards
Bart
--