BUG: trouble with forwarding with accents

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Sat Feb 6 09:14:57 PST 2016

On Fri, Feb 05 2016, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> So I have an accent in my family name, as you can see from the From
> header here. This has a tendency of finding the greatest and finest
> UTF-8 bug, and often no one believes me because they don't have that
> interesting property.
>
> Notmuch has been bugging me with such a problem for ages now. When I
> forward a mail, the accents in my name (or in the signature inserted)
> are broken.

I tried to reproduce this (by modifying my name in .notmuch-config to
include an accented character and then forwarding your mail), but
everything worked fine (on "GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0,
NS apple-appkit-1404.11) of 2015-10-05 on heart-of-gold").

It's tempting to ask whether or not you have any localisation or
language settings in either your shell or emacs, but I probably wouldn't
know how to interpret them even if so :-/