using gpg with notmuch

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun Jan 10 14:48:36 PST 2016

Austin Guest <guest.austin at gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you David!
>
> Using `setq` cleared things up. Should have caught that. Is there any way
> to contribute a patch to the docs (which omit `setq`) to help other n00bs
> along the way avoid the same pitfall?

Ah, I see there is a typo on that page. It would be great if you could
fix it.

You can find instructions for editing the wiki here:

    https://notmuchmail.org/wikiwriteaccess/

> When you say the frontend "ships with the C source" what does that mean? Or
> perhaps more to the point: how can I find and use the C source to build the
> binary? Once built, how can I make sure the new version is what I run from
> Emacs since I'm currently running the version from Melpa, etc...?

download the source from

https://notmuchmail.org/releases/LATEST-notmuch-0.21.tar.gz

unpack that, and there is a file called INSTALL with instructions on how
to build and install.

You can find the versions by typing 'v' in the notmuch-hello buffer.