notmuch-emacs: forward messages inline

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Nov 5 13:42:26 PST 2015

Hi Matt--

On Fri 2015-11-06 04:51:53 +0900, Matthew Lear wrote:
> Are there any recommended ways to selectively forward an email as
> inline with notmuch-emacs rather than as an RFC822 attachment, eg have
> a new shortcut key that can be used for this purpose in addition to f?
> I have toggled one of the mml configuration variables (I forget
> exactly what it was) which switched the forwarding method to inline
> (ACAICT this also removed the ability of being able to forward as
> RFC822), but it also included various header information in the body
> of the email. Not good.

I suppose you could reply to the message (r) and just change the
addresses, which would include the previous message "inline".  If you
don't like that it leaks the previous message-id in the In-Reply-To and
References headers, you can just kill them from the buffer manually.

But can i ask why you'd want this?  forwarded messages as RFC 822
attachments are significantly more sane for any MUA to deal with.

            --dkg