Resending the same email

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Sun Aug 23 21:55:00 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 23 2015, Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015, David Mazieres <dm-list-email-notmuch at scs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme at uwaterloo.ca> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My previous mail editor had a useful feature to resend already sent
>>> emails. It's essentially opening an already sent email and have the
>>> senders, subject, and body pre-filled as well as all attachments
>>> attached.
>>>
>>> Is this easy to achieve in notmuch? The attachments seem a bit tricky.
>>
>> I often pipe the message to sendmail, using emacs's
>> notmuch-show-pipe-message command (bound to '|' by default).  However I
>> agree it would be much nicer to be able to edit the headers slightly, so
>> as to add headers like Resent-To.
>>
>> On a related note, another feature I really miss is the ability to edit
>> and re-send a bounced message.  (I realize this could be problematic for
>> notmuch, in that you really want to re-send it with the same
>> message-ID.)
>
> http://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/#index16h2
>
>     (define-key notmuch-show-mode-map "b"
>       (lambda (&optional address)
>         "Bounce the current message."
>         (interactive "sBounce To: ")
>         (notmuch-show-view-raw-message)
>         (message-resend address)))
>
> This really should be part of notmuch-emacs, but as I recall it we just
> never came to a conclusion whether this does the right thing or not.

There is also http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.notmuch.general/20179
(which is now stale, due to context in defining key "b")

I've planned a new version which does *NOT*

1) initially do the comma (,) magic in notmuch-address-from-minibuffer

2) initially add the keybinding "b" in notmuch-show-mode-map

... that means a 3-patch series :D

Tomi