notmuch-tree display

Aneesh Kumar K.V aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 13 08:50:45 PDT 2015

Mark Walters <markwalters1009 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>>> I tried changing the font, but that did help. I am running emacs in its
>>> own window.
>>>

>> Ok switching to ubuntu mono regular fixed the issue. So it is really
>> related to font. I don't know what changed. I always used inconsolata
>> and it worked before.
>
> My guess is that incosolata does not have all the graphics characters,
> so emacs drops to a different font when displaying them. For some reason
> it is now dropping to some other different font and the display is
> getting messed up.
>
> I think what-cursor-position called with a prefix argument (so C-u M-x
> what-cursor-position) tells you (amongst other things) the font under
> the cursor.  For me, when using incosalata as default font,  the quarter
> circles and arrow heads are in some different font.
>
> I don't know what the fix would be if this is the problem but lets see
> if it the problem first!
>
> Best wishes

Yes that seems to be issue. For non working I have

             position: 158 of 780 (20%), column: 36

            character: ├ (displayed as ├) (codepoint 9500, #o22434, #x251c)
    preferred charset: unicode (Unicode (ISO10646))
code point in charset: 0x251C
               script: symbol
               syntax: _ 	which means: symbol
             category: .:Base, c:Chinese, h:Korean, j:Japanese
             to input: type "C-x 8 RET HEX-CODEPOINT" or "C-x 8 RET NAME"
          buffer code: #xE2 #x94 #x9C
            file code: #xE2 #x94 #x9C (encoded by coding system utf-8)
              display: by this font (glyph code)
    xft:-unknown-TeX Gyre Termes Math-normal-normal-normal-*-17-*-*-*-*-0-iso1064

For working font i have

             position: 158 of 780 (20%), column: 36
            character: ├ (displayed as ├) (codepoint 9500, #o22434, #x251c)
    preferred charset: unicode (Unicode (ISO10646))
code point in charset: 0x251C
               script: symbol
               syntax: _ 	which means: symbol
             category: .:Base, c:Chinese, h:Korean, j:Japanese
             to input: type "C-x 8 RET HEX-CODEPOINT" or "C-x 8 RET NAME"
          buffer code: #xE2 #x94 #x9C
            file code: #xE2 #x94 #x9C (encoded by coding system utf-8)
              display: by this font (glyph code)
    xft:-unknown-Ubuntu Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-17-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1 (#x4E

-aneesh