notmuch-tree display

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:21:01 PDT 2015

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>
>> Mark Walters <markwalters1009 at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> It could be a font issue (for the tree graphical characters). Which font
>>> are you using? and is emacs running in a terminal or in its own window?
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>

>> I tried changing the font, but that did help. I am running emacs in its
>> own window.
>>

> Ok switching to ubuntu mono regular fixed the issue. So it is really
> related to font. I don't know what changed. I always used inconsolata
> and it worked before.

My guess is that incosolata does not have all the graphics characters,
so emacs drops to a different font when displaying them. For some reason
it is now dropping to some other different font and the display is
getting messed up.

I think what-cursor-position called with a prefix argument (so C-u M-x
what-cursor-position) tells you (amongst other things) the font under
the cursor.  For me, when using incosalata as default font,  the quarter
circles and arrow heads are in some different font.

I don't know what the fix would be if this is the problem but lets see
if it the problem first!

Best wishes

Mark