notmuch release 0.20.2 now available

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Jun 30 00:34:36 PDT 2015

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 07:24:28AM +0200, David Bremner wrote:
>>
>> Where to obtain notmuch 0.20.2
>> ===========================
>>   http://notmuchmail.org/releases/notmuch-0.20.2.tar.gz
>
> I took a quick pass at building the release for Fedora.  The ruby
> bindings seem to fail to build (actually linking fails).

The ruby bindings are not built automatically by 0.20.2.  You seem to be
building a snapshot of master. If you want to build the release from
git, use the signed tag.

The question of why master won't build for you is also interesting, but
a different question. A quick search reveals packages of notmuch 0.19
ruby bindings seemingly for fc22

     https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/ruby-notmuch/contents

So I guess have a look and see what existing fedora packaging does.

At the moment the only way to disable the ruby bindings (other than
hacking the build system) is not to have the ruby development files in
the build env. This may change by the time this is part of a release.