Website and mailing list are hopefully back now

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 3 16:19:08 PDT 2015

Hello all,

The notmuchmail.org server experienced a catastrophic failure a few days
ago. I gave up on getting access to that server anymore, and have
instead brought things back up on a separate server that I had
available, (and to which I have actual, physical access this time).

I restored the git repository and website from a nightly backup that was
taken late on March 30. (The server seems to have failed sometime
between then and when the nightly backup on March 31 was attempted.)

There are likely things that are not quite properly setup on the new
server, as well as data that I may not have copied from the backup.
If you encounter anything, please let me know and I'll see what I can
do.

Thanks for all your patience,

-Carl

PS. When the new server came up, the mail server wasn't properly
handling mailing-list traffic. So a few messages came to the server,
(and landed in the web archives), but didn't get sent out to subscribers
of the list. Obviously, the messages hopefully still went out to
individuals directly addressed by the mails.

Here are the list of message-ids for the mails that didn't go out. If
you sent any of these, you might want to check whether they are
important enough to resend to the list:

	1428047832-14922-1-git-send-email-jani at nikula.org
	1428047832-14922-1-git-send-email-jani at nikula.org
	yq65pp7l9a6f.fsf at jinwoo-macbookair.roam.corp.google.com