Inspired but need help searching folder names containing spaces

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Feb 28 01:07:06 PST 2015

Matthew Lear <matt at bubblegen.co.uk> writes:

> Thanks. Explains everything. Any thoughts on searching on 'to' only?
> I'm not sure if this is also related to what Xapian needs to be
> provided with. If not, and if only searching in the to, cc and bcc
> fields of the header is possible, maybe we could consider adopting and
> integrating case sensitive syntax in notmuch such as TO:me rather than
> to:me..?

I'm not sure about the exact syntax, but some separate prefix to mean
only in the To header would be possible. As far as I know we'd need to
add more terms to the database [1], so you'd need to convince people
that the increase in the size of everyone's database was worthwhile. And
of course someone needs to write the code, but it would not be that
hard, I think.

[1]: this could also be solved with the semi-mythical custom query parser.